On the agenda for this month’s ARAG meeting:
- Changes to Redfern Station – it’s started
- Update on local transport issues from City of Sydney
- Dangerous trucks in Alexandria: what can we do?
- Residents’ forum: issues that affect you
The meeting will be at:
7pm, Wednesday 14 March
Alexandria Town Hall,
73 Garden St, Alexandria
We’re back at Alexandria Town Hall, 73 Garden St, and our next meeting is 7pm, Wednesday the 14th(*).
On the Agenda:
- Fix NSW Transport – what would really work?
- Euston Rd/McEvoy St widening – an update
- NBN coming to Alexandria
- Local (over)developments
(*) And before anyone says that a residents’ group meeting isn’t romantic, remember that forewarned is forearmed, knowledge is power, and power is widely agreed to be the ultimate aphrodisiac. Bring your Valentine along!
We are back in Alexandria Town Hall for this month’s meeting, which is Wednesday, the 13th, at the usual time of 7PM.
On the agenda:
- City of Sydney – proposal for the Green Square to Ashmore Connector
- Alexandria to Moore Park – update
- The M4/M5 Environmental Impact Study Debacle – where to from here?
- Land & Environment Court hearing for the 163-173 McEvoy St development
- Have Your Say on ARAG’s priorities for 2018
Please join us to celebrate the end of a busy year.
Reminder again: we are back in Alexandria Town Hall and the meeting is on Wednesday 13 December.
The agenda for this month’s meeting is:
- Council plans to ease & control traffic in local streets:
Belmont, Lawrence, and Euston Lanes
- the M4/M5 Link Environmental Impact Statement:
reasons for Concern, how to object (Don’t delay, objections are due by Monday)
Hope to see you there:
7PM, Thursday 12 October
Cliff Noble Community Centre
24 Suttor St, corner of Renwick St
Before we tell you the agenda for the next meeting, discover how WestConnex will affect you.
Wherever you live in NSW, checkout fixwestconnex.com.au. Continue reading
The August meeting will be:
Thursday the 10th, 7 PM
Cliff Noble Community Center,
corner of Suttor St and Renwick St.
On the Agenda:
- the Potential Sale of the Gerard Street Council Depot
- the Australian Technology Park – our heritage and history at risk
- some relief for Euston Road Residents
- an update on the Alexandria Hotel
- our AGM
Hope to see you there.
PS: Convenors’ Annual Report here
A2MP, the so-called Alexandria to Moore Park ‘Connectivity Upgrade’ (Euston Road/McEvoy Street widening) is continuing, even though no modelling has been released: http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/projects/sydney-inner/alexandria-moore-park-connectivity-upgrade/index.html.
There will be two ‘drop in’ sessions where you can put your questions to to RMS:
- Terrace Room, All Sorts Function Centre,
184 Bourke Road, Alexandria.
– Saturday 17 June, 10am to 12pm
– Thursday 22 June, 6pm to 8pm
Councillor Jess Miller told us that Council have rejected the plan for 163-173 Euston Road. We’re now waiting to see if the developer comes back with something more modest, or if they go to the Land and Environment Court.
We have launched a new community campaign to get the Alexandria we want. It is crucial that at this point in time we make our voices heard. For more information, please visit: http://www.act4alexandria.org.au/
Last, but not least, we discussed a proposal from one of our residents – to make Euston Lane, Lawrence Lane and Belmont Lane one way, alternating in direction.
Slide pack here: ARAG Meeting 201706 – Wide