The Heffron Meet the Candidates forum is this Wednesday, 13 March, from 7pm to 8pm, at Alexandria Town Hall – 73 Garden St, Alexandria.
The forum is being jointly hosed by ARAG, REDWatch and FoE.
We have had acceptances from:
- Chris Ryan (Keep Sydney Open)
- Kym Chapple (The Greens)
- Michael Dello-Iacovo (Animal Justice Party)
We have had apologies from:
- Alexander Andruska (Liberal)
- Ron Hoenig (Labor)
Candidates have been asked to introduce themselves, and speak to three questions, after which we will have questions from the floor.
The 3 questions are:
- Waterloo Master Plan and Social Housing Renewal
What is your party’s position on the re-development of the Waterloo Estate and how will you increase and guarantee the quantity of affordable and social housing provided (including Aboriginal housing) to meet the needs of the community?
Will you make fundamental changes to the current planning system to re-empower local Councils and communities with a say in development, remove the State Significant Development provisions and ensure that the implementation of adequate infrastructure (schools, hospitals and public transport) keeps pace with the growing population?
- Transport and Roads
What is your party’s plan to solve the issues we are facing as a result of the following:
- Redfern and Erskineville Stations being over capacity and lacking in accessibility
- The Metro not having a station in Alexandria and ripping up the existing heavy rail line from Sydenham to Bankstown
- WestConnex – bringing over 60,000 extra cars a day onto our already congested streets
- The privatisation of many bus services which has led to a decrease in service?