The August meeting will be:
Thursday the 10th, 7 PM
Cliff Noble Community Center,
corner of Suttor St and Renwick St.
On the Agenda:
- the Potential Sale of the Gerard Street Council Depot
- the Australian Technology Park – our heritage and history at risk
- some relief for Euston Road Residents
- an update on the Alexandria Hotel
- our AGM
Hope to see you there.
PS: Convenors’ Annual Report here
Mirvac is planning to redevelop the Locomotive Workshop, as part of their “vision for realising the true potential of ATP while celebrating it’s significant heritage value.”
They are holding Community Information Sessions:
- Wednesday 19 July: 5:30pm to 7:30pm
- Saturday 22 July, 11:00am to 2:00pm
The sessions will both be held in the Locomotive Workshop, Suite 9100, Bay 8, 2 Locomotive Street. Entry is through the Bay 8 Atrium, then upstairs to Level 1.
In no particular order, here are some of the links and other material discussed at last week’s meeting:
- Euston Road/McEvoy Street widening:More information is available here.
- Alexandria School Senior Campus: the Development Application can be found here. (Deadline for submissions: 23 Feb)
- ATP: The number for reporting any issues with ATP construction work is 1800 870 549
- Erskineville Station downgrading: the SMH article about the downgrading of the station is here.
- The Carmageddon Video showing the road widenings is here .
- And the Slide pack.
Come to this month’s ARAG meeting at Wednesday 13th, 7pm, Alexandria Town Hall, for updates on:
- Sydney Metro – it’s not just a train station
- Updates on developments:
- Joshua Building – McEvoy Street
- 9 Mitchell Road (former Sydney City Mission)
- Alexandria Hotel – this time it’s a 7 storey tower that’s being proposed
- Studio 301
- WestConnex – Planning Department’s response to community submissions – what it means for us (hint: nothing good)
- Australian Technology Park – what happening?
Assuming Mirvac’s proposal for the redevelopment of the ATP goes ahead, it will present some unique challenges for the State Government. Local roads are congested – and this will be made worse by other new developments, and worse still Continue reading
The next meeting of the Alexandria Residents Action Group will be
- 7pm, Wednesday 9 March,
- at Alexandria Town Hall, Garden St.
On the agenda:
- Alexandria Sunday Fun Day, Alexandria Park, 20 March, 11am to 3pm
- WestConnex and Mirvac’s development proposal for the ATP – what now?
Alexandria Sunday Fun Day will have: jumping castle, Continue reading