In no particular order, here are some of the links and other material discussed at last week’s meeting:
- Euston Road/McEvoy Street widening:More information is available here.
- Alexandria School Senior Campus: the Development Application can be found here. (Deadline for submissions: 23 Feb)
- ATP: The number for reporting any issues with ATP construction work is 1800 870 549
- Erskineville Station downgrading: the SMH article about the downgrading of the station is here.
- The Carmageddon Video showing the road widenings is here .
- And the Slide pack.
Come to this month’s ARAG meeting at Wednesday 13th, 7pm, Alexandria Town Hall, for updates on:
- Sydney Metro – it’s not just a train station
- Updates on developments:
- Joshua Building – McEvoy Street
- 9 Mitchell Road (former Sydney City Mission)
- Alexandria Hotel – this time it’s a 7 storey tower that’s being proposed
- Studio 301
- WestConnex – Planning Department’s response to community submissions – what it means for us (hint: nothing good)
- Australian Technology Park – what happening?
Assuming Mirvac’s proposal for the redevelopment of the ATP goes ahead, it will present some unique challenges for the State Government. Local roads are congested – and this will be made worse by other new developments, and worse still Continue reading
The next meeting of the Alexandria Residents Action Group will be
- 7pm, Wednesday 9 March,
- at Alexandria Town Hall, Garden St.
On the agenda:
- Alexandria Sunday Fun Day, Alexandria Park, 20 March, 11am to 3pm
- WestConnex and Mirvac’s development proposal for the ATP – what now?
Alexandria Sunday Fun Day will have: jumping castle, Continue reading
Submissions on the Mirvac proposal to build two enormous buildings at the ATP close on Monday the 29th.
You can lodge an objection at the Major Projects website. Objections don’t have to be long. Continue reading
Your opportunity to lodge an objection to the “Australian Technology Park Redevelopment” closes 29 February.
The redevelopment will see more than 10,000 jobs move to the ATP, in a small number of giant buildings, with no significant increase in parking or other measures yet announced to help people get to these jobs.
ARAG will be lodging an objection, and we encourage you to do so too. Continue reading