The August meeting will be:
Thursday the 10th, 7 PM
Cliff Noble Community Center,
corner of Suttor St and Renwick St.
On the Agenda:
- the Potential Sale of the Gerard Street Council Depot
- the Australian Technology Park – our heritage and history at risk
- some relief for Euston Road Residents
- an update on the Alexandria Hotel
- our AGM
Hope to see you there.
PS: Convenors’ Annual Report here
In no particular order, here are some of the links and other material discussed at last week’s meeting:
- Euston Road/McEvoy Street widening:More information is available here.
- Alexandria School Senior Campus: the Development Application can be found here. (Deadline for submissions: 23 Feb)
- ATP: The number for reporting any issues with ATP construction work is 1800 870 549
- Erskineville Station downgrading: the SMH article about the downgrading of the station is here.
- The Carmageddon Video showing the road widenings is here .
- And the Slide pack.
We have a very special guest for this meeting. Justin Hemmes, the proud new owner of the Alexandria Hotel, will be talking to us about the future. rejuvenation of the Alex and seeking our input.
Come and hear how the Alex was saved, and discuss what happens next.
There will also be a quick update on WestConnex and the ATP.
Meeting starts 7pm, Wednesday 14 September, at Alexandria Town Hall, 73 Garden St.
The agenda for Wednesday’s ARAG meeting (13/7) is:
1. Central to Eveleigh
Development along the rail corridor between
Central and Eveleigh stations.
Guest speaker: Matthew White, Program Director, UrbanGrowth NSW.
2. Update on Alexandria Hotel
Land and Environment Court proceedings have resumed.
There will be a ‘Mediation’ meeting between the developer, and Council,
and Residents: Aug 4, 9:30am, on-site
Anyone who wishes to become more involved in the Residents Group is
encouraged to nominate to join the Executive.
Things you need to know about the new DA for the Alexandria Hotel:
Floor-to-space ratio massively exceeds Council’s clearly-stated limit of 2.5:1;
Building height massively exceeds Council’s clearly-stated height limit;
Building size and bulk, and overshadowing of the heritage-listed Alexandria Hotel;
Lack of an approved plan to build over the Redfern-Erskineville rail tunnel;
Lack of approval to access property belonging to the Australian Technology Park;
Lack of off-street resident parking, and
Lack of clear waste-management processes.
For more information, visit savethealexpub.tumblr.com.
To lodge an objection to a Development Application (also known as a DA), you need to Continue reading
Come to this month’s ARAG meeting at Wednesday 13th, 7pm, Alexandria Town Hall, for updates on:
- Sydney Metro – it’s not just a train station
- Updates on developments:
- Joshua Building – McEvoy Street
- 9 Mitchell Road (former Sydney City Mission)
- Alexandria Hotel – this time it’s a 7 storey tower that’s being proposed
- Studio 301
- WestConnex – Planning Department’s response to community submissions – what it means for us (hint: nothing good)
- Australian Technology Park – what happening?