A2MP, the so-called Alexandria to Moore Park ‘Connectivity Upgrade’ (Euston Road/McEvoy Street widening) is continuing, even though no modelling has been released: http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/projects/sydney-inner/alexandria-moore-park-connectivity-upgrade/index.html.
There will be two ‘drop in’ sessions where you can put your questions to to RMS:
- Terrace Room, All Sorts Function Centre,
184 Bourke Road, Alexandria.
– Saturday 17 June, 10am to 12pm
– Thursday 22 June, 6pm to 8pm
Councillor Jess Miller told us that Council have rejected the plan for 163-173 Euston Road. We’re now waiting to see if the developer comes back with something more modest, or if they go to the Land and Environment Court.
We have launched a new community campaign to get the Alexandria we want. It is crucial that at this point in time we make our voices heard. For more information, please visit: http://www.act4alexandria.org.au/
Last, but not least, we discussed a proposal from one of our residents – to make Euston Lane, Lawrence Lane and Belmont Lane one way, alternating in direction.
Slide pack here: ARAG Meeting 201706 – Wide
At the meeting this coming Thursday, we will be discussing:
- traffic calming and traffic management ideas that we can put to Council to help protect our streets from WestConnex
and there will be
- an update on Act4Alexandria, and how you can contribute
No promises, but we might even manage:
- an update on Council’s (very sensible) alternative to WestConnex
Hope to see you there:
7 pm, Thursday 8 June
Cliff Noble Community Centre
24 Suttor St, Alexandria
(cnr of Suttor St and Renwick St)
We have a very special guest for this meeting. Justin Hemmes, the proud new owner of the Alexandria Hotel, will be talking to us about the future. rejuvenation of the Alex and seeking our input.
Come and hear how the Alex was saved, and discuss what happens next.
There will also be a quick update on WestConnex and the ATP.
Meeting starts 7pm, Wednesday 14 September, at Alexandria Town Hall, 73 Garden St.
The agenda for Wednesday’s ARAG meeting (13/7) is:
1. Central to Eveleigh
Development along the rail corridor between
Central and Eveleigh stations.
Guest speaker: Matthew White, Program Director, UrbanGrowth NSW.
2. Update on Alexandria Hotel
Land and Environment Court proceedings have resumed.
There will be a ‘Mediation’ meeting between the developer, and Council,
and Residents: Aug 4, 9:30am, on-site
Anyone who wishes to become more involved in the Residents Group is
encouraged to nominate to join the Executive.
This month’s meeting will be held on Wednesday 22 June, at 7pm, at Alexandria Town Hall. (Not our usual date!)
The meeting will be a Meet the Candidates for the Federal Seat of Sydney, and is being jointly organised by RedWatch, Friends of Erskineville and ARAG. Continue reading
Come to this month’s ARAG meeting at Wednesday 13th, 7pm, Alexandria Town Hall, for updates on:
- Sydney Metro – it’s not just a train station
- Updates on developments:
- Joshua Building – McEvoy Street
- 9 Mitchell Road (former Sydney City Mission)
- Alexandria Hotel – this time it’s a 7 storey tower that’s being proposed
- Studio 301
- WestConnex – Planning Department’s response to community submissions – what it means for us (hint: nothing good)
- Australian Technology Park – what happening?