The City of Sydney will still accept submissions until 20 April.
Address your submission to:
Alistair Smith, ASmith1@cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au.
If you wish to object, you must include in your submission:
- That you object to the proposal
- your full name and address,
- the relevant development application (DA) number: D/2018/239,
- the site address: 108 Swanson Street ERSKINEVILLE NSW 2043
Key points to raise:
- The applicant acknowledges that the proposed development exceeds the maximum height in the Sydney DCP 2012 and the allowable height under the LEP 2012. No justification for this is non-compliance is provided.
- As a community we are seriously concerned about the precedent that any breach of controls would set for future developments in the area.
- Currently, the hotel is listed in the City’s LEP as a contributory building
- According to City of Sydney guidelines: ‘Alterations and additions should not significantly alter the appearance of principal and significant façades of a contributory building, except to remove detracting elements.’ The current proposal clearly constitutes a major alteration to a principal and significant façade.
- This is even more importance since the hotel still maintains its original façade and its appearance has not been changed since its first operation in 1939.