The City of Sydney will still accept submissions until 20 April.
Address your submission to:
Alistair Smith, ASmith1@cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au.
If you wish to object, you must include in your submission:
- That you object to the proposal
- your full name and address,
- the relevant development application (DA) number: D/2018/239,
- the site address: 108 Swanson Street ERSKINEVILLE NSW 2043
Key points to raise:
- The applicant acknowledges that the proposed development exceeds the maximum height in the Sydney DCP 2012 and the allowable height under the LEP 2012. No justification for this is non-compliance is provided.
- As a community we are seriously concerned about the precedent that any breach of controls would set for future developments in the area.
- Currently, the hotel is listed in the City’s LEP as a contributory building
- According to City of Sydney guidelines: ‘Alterations and additions should not significantly alter the appearance of principal and significant façades of a contributory building, except to remove detracting elements.’ The current proposal clearly constitutes a major alteration to a principal and significant façade.
- This is even more importance since the hotel still maintains its original façade and its appearance has not been changed since its first operation in 1939.
Hi Ben and others it horrifies me too. Noel Jeffs
Sent from Outlook