Plans for the Alexandria Park Community School Redevelopment are online, and they are accepting submissions until 31st January.
There will be four information sessions (although two are after submissions have closed):
- Saturday 20 January 2018 at Carriageworks Farmers Markets – 245 Wilson Street, Eveleigh, 11:00am-1:00pm
- Saturday 27 January 2018 at Woolworths Supermarket – 10 Fountain Street, Alexandria, 2:00pm-4:00pm
- Saturday 10 February 2018 at Carriageworks Farmers Markets – 45 Wilson Street, Eveleigh, 11:00am-1:00pm
- Saturday 24 February 2018 at Woolworths Supermarket – 10 Fountain Street, Alexandria, 2:00pm-4:00pm
At last month’s meeting we collected some questions for RMS, including air quality monitoring, noise monitoring, and traffic plans and forecasts. We’ve been promised RMS will attend this month’s meeting, with answers.
In addition, we will be discussing a $50 million 6 storey development proposed for 163-173 Euston Road, and we’re introducing ‘Act Up Alexandria’.
The meeting will be at 7pm this coming Thursday 11 May, at our new temporary home, the Cliff Noble Community Centre, corner of Suttor and Renwick Streets
If WestConnex were not enough, there is a proposal to build a six storey, 400+ apartment building in the middle of Sydney Park.
The proposed new development will replace what is currently a low rise warehouse/office building that is tucked behind a row of trees next to the lakes.
The full details are yet to be released, but we do know that the new buildings will be considerably taller than the surrounding trees and will be hard up against the boundaries with Sydney Park.
There is even a suggestion that the new complex will be called Sydney Park.
Formal objections have closed, but we are told that if an objection is received by the end of this week, it will still be considered.
We have prepared a suggested template that you might like to use as the starting point for your own objection – we strongly encourage you explain in your own words why this development matters to – it just carries more weight if you use your own words and talk about the things that matter to you.
Objections should be sent to RHand@cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au ASAP, but definitely by 16/9.
The agenda for Wednesday’s ARAG meeting (13/7) is:
1. Central to Eveleigh
Development along the rail corridor between
Central and Eveleigh stations.
Guest speaker: Matthew White, Program Director, UrbanGrowth NSW.
2. Update on Alexandria Hotel
Land and Environment Court proceedings have resumed.
There will be a ‘Mediation’ meeting between the developer, and Council,
and Residents: Aug 4, 9:30am, on-site
Anyone who wishes to become more involved in the Residents Group is
encouraged to nominate to join the Executive.
Come to this month’s ARAG meeting at Wednesday 13th, 7pm, Alexandria Town Hall, for updates on:
- Sydney Metro – it’s not just a train station
- Updates on developments:
- Joshua Building – McEvoy Street
- 9 Mitchell Road (former Sydney City Mission)
- Alexandria Hotel – this time it’s a 7 storey tower that’s being proposed
- Studio 301
- WestConnex – Planning Department’s response to community submissions – what it means for us (hint: nothing good)
- Australian Technology Park – what happening?
Submissions on the Mirvac proposal to build two enormous buildings at the ATP close on Monday the 29th.
You can lodge an objection at the Major Projects website. Objections don’t have to be long. Continue reading