At last month’s meeting we collected some questions for RMS, including air quality monitoring, noise monitoring, and traffic plans and forecasts. We’ve been promised RMS will attend this month’s meeting, with answers.
In addition, we will be discussing a $50 million 6 storey development proposed for 163-173 Euston Road, and we’re introducing ‘Act Up Alexandria’.
The meeting will be at 7pm this coming Thursday 11 May, at our new temporary home, the Cliff Noble Community Centre, corner of Suttor and Renwick Streets
PS. The question we asked of RMS are below:
Hope to see you there tomorrow
1) How is RMS planning to monitor air quality pre, during and post construction? If not, why not? How and when will this information be available?
2) How is RMS planning to monitor noise pre, during and post construction? If not, why not? How and when will this information be available?
3) Has a detailed traffic study been conducted which models the impact of WestConnex New M5 traffic flow on secondary roads in the local area? If not, when? How and when will this information be available?
4) Once WestConnex New M5 is operational, what traffic volumes are projected for the following streets:
– Euston St/McEvoy Rd
– Mitchell Rd
– Fountain St
– Henderson Rd
– Wyndham St
5) What does RMS modelling show for AM/PM peak hour performance at key intersections, e.g.
– Fountain St and Mitchell Rd,
– Fountain St and Euston Rd/McEvoy St,
– Mitchell and Sydney Park Rds,
– Mitchell Rd and Copeland St,
– Mitchell Rd and Henderson Rd
– Henderson Rd and Wyndham St
6) Has the CBA’s imminent move into ATP (bringing an extra 10,000 workers into the area) been factored in to the local traffic forecasts?
7) Do the forecasts factor in currently planned developments? e.g.: Ashmore Estate, Central to Eveleigh, Green Square, Waterloo Estate?
8) Will the introduction of a ‘No Right hand turn’ at Mitchell Rd, as discussed in the EIS, be going ahead? If this is yet to be determined, when will a decision be made?
9) How does the WestConnex Road Transport Model differ from Strategic Travel Model?
10) The WRTM assumes a city-bound exit at Camperdown. Given that this is no longer happening, how does this impact forecasts?
11) What will be the speed limit on Euston Road?